Thursday, June 28, 2007

whole milk.

I heard this guy today and I absolutely fell in love. 'Cinco de MoWo" came out the 26, which means this discovery is much behind other people who are better than I am. But today I was really dragging ass. It feels like it's 150 degrees outside. I walked a few blocks in search of icecream and found, instead, a couple dudes who asked me where happy hour was. Red-faced and menacing as ever. And another Chinese guy who was ranting about the M34 not coming. Seriously, he was bugging out over it, and I was just so damn tired that I reassured him it would come, and I apologized that he was late. People get so angry when they're hot and sweaty.

ANYWAY...

All songs considered this week played me the song 'tickle it', and you can stream 'shake your boogie' on his Web site. They're both just so groovy. Really. Lots of funk, puts me in a great mood. Nujazz? Is this something I was never formally introduced to? How come? Or is it some weird self-made buzz genre that forms a following but has a vague description of the music? ('indie'? what does that mean?!) annnddd according to his myspace, he's going to be in New York all of July. If only I could play the whole city this stuff. Maybe they wouldn't be so apt to go into siezures about the bus being late.

No comments: