Tuesday, July 10, 2007

iced coffee and hot sweat

So, what if every time you dropped the ball on the job, you were executed?! OKAY, so maybe he didn't just drop the ball. But still. Our government officials are quite lucky not to be in China, eh? Am I right? Yeah? NO? nothing? okay.

Also in the TIMES ... New Jersey is stealing your money.* tee hee.

But in lighter thoughts, I pose a predicament.
KMF: Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Bob Iger.

Ben Greenman's reading excerpts from "A Circle is a Balloon and Compass Both" at Barnes and Noble in Park Slope on July 12. It's about time I went down thattaway, but I feel very confused by all the neighborhoods in Brooklyn. Who knows.

lastly ... I lost my metrocard last night, I talk loudly on subways and really don't mean to, and the strap on my favorite dress broke on the way home today. I was on the A train, for reasons that are stupid and inconsequential, and there were two super-cute-button-down-business-casual (love affair with complex modified adjectives) guys right in front of me as I walked on. I couldn't even try to be flirty. One boob was basically exposed, the other covered in my pink ruffled dress, and as I searched frantically for somewhere to grab on, the men looked right at me. I looked back, thinking maybe I could pull off flashing a smile and they'd say something like "hot enough?" and I'd be like "haha, yeah, i know, right? it's rough out there" and then we'd laugh. Instead, I felt sweat pooling in my clavicle. and it wasn't sexy at all. ashamed, and defeated, I stepped between a Chinese couple and mopped it up with my hair.
the life i live.

*I read that article, by the way. I realize it's about the way technology changes our lives, obviously. but it's way funnier when you can blame it on DURTY JERZ.

No comments: