Friday, July 13, 2007

swiffer and me and a bottle of pledge make 3

If this is true I will be very sad. I don't care if my friend Clair wrote a long essay criticizing Jane for being anti-femministe. Jane gave my apartment 69 great things about being in your 20's, plus 7 that really suck. RIP :(, my excuses for being a whore.

Last night I got too lazy to see Ben Greenman, so I saw Jerry Stahl in Union Square instead. I liked him mostly because he gave the interviewer, Katherine Lanpher, a hard time. I didn't like her much, she's the kind of woman whose jokes you'd laugh at out of pity. Big smile, well done make up. Short, no fuss, hair. With highlights. She'd make horrible jokes and he'd just look at her like she was a stupid idiot. I laughed out loud numerous times, just at the guy's facial expressions. Ran into him about an hour afterward and thanked him for making me laugh. Didn't buy any of his books, though. Young & poor.

Teddy Thompson played alongside him. He's got the voice of an angel. He's this charming brit, who wore flip flops with a nice suit and had an orange tie. He was cute and his voice could have lulled me all night. If you like old country, you should buy his new CD. I bet you'll love it.

No comments: