Sunday, July 29, 2007

pinot + piano

I have a lot of things to say today, but I think I'm gonna save them for a little later.

watch dave matthews and tim reynolds, instead, please. What do I think? Glad you asked. I think those lyrics are weak. I think the guitar playing was good, not as mind blowing as it could have been. Tim Reynolds, obviously, is always impressive. But Dave Matthews really needs to step it up. His voice, too. I need that soul, Dave. Give me soul? Where did it go? Maybe I didn't listen hard enough?

Oh and last night I saw Jean Michel Pilc. He was wonderful. Really, it was a sweet show, I couldn't take the smile off of my face. His playing went from "Sesame street" and charlie brown delight to really dark and stormy (does that make sense?). extremes. Just like what you get from living in New York. And I'll credit that thought to my new friend Anthony Ina, who gets MVP for best conversationalist I may know in the city.

No comments: